Main Idea - CCSS RL.5.2
Links verified on 10/04/2013
- Finding the Main Idea - Read the passages and answer the questions.
- Get The Idea - Read the text to determine the main idea or essential message and identify relevant supporting details and facts.
- Identify the Main Idea - Read and answer 4 questions.
- Identify the Main Idea - Read and answer 6 questions.
- Main Idea and Supporting Detail - Choose the main idea of the paragraphs. Remember to make sure the main idea covers the entire paragraph, not just one sentence.
- Reading Detective - Quia quiz - Read each paragraph carefully. Decide what it is mostly about.
- Reading Headlines - Read eight headlines and try to determine what the article is about.
- Strategies for Better Reading - When you summarize, eliminate unnecessary details. Focus on the main idea of the whole passage.
- Understanding What You Read - Online interactive tutorial and quiz.
- What's the Big Idea - Solve a riddle by answering questions about the main idea.