Punctuation and General Grammar - CCSS L.5.2
Links verified on 05/18/2015
- Apostrophe Quiz - Click inside the box then copy out each sentence adding apostrophes where they are needed.
- Comma practice - 5 interactive quizzes of varied levels.
- Commas in Quotations - Read the directions and take the online quiz.
- Dear Mr. Henshaw - Parts of a friendly Letter. (a Quia quiz)
- Fish Tanks - Fill a tank with tropical fish using prefixes, roots, and suffixes.
- Grammar Gorillas - Advanced level - Practice identifying all parts of speech.
- Grammar Blast - Various online graded activities dealing with 5th grade grammar skills.
- Interactive exercises on using commas - Exercise 1 - Exercise 2 - Exercise 3 - Exercise 4 - Exercise 5
- Is this sentence correct? - Online Quia Quiz. Select if a sentence is correct or not by clicking on the yes or no button.
- Parts of Speech - Identify the part of speech that will complete the sentence.
- Power Proofreading - [comma practice] Choose 5th grade then select; The Tanaka Twins, or any one of the mixed practice exercises. (Internet Explorer)
- Proofreading Makes Perfect - Correct these sentences by typing in correct grammar. (Internet Explorer)
- Quiz on Comma Usage - Click on "The paragraph, please!" and a paragraph will appear in the top text-area.
- Quotation Marks and Commas - Online Quiz.
- Using Commas - Select sentence with correctly used commas. (Internet Explorer)
- Using Commas with Introductory Phrases - Click on "The sentence, please!" and a sentence will appear in the top text-area. Insert any necessary comma or commas (being careful not to insert commas where they aren't necessary).
- Wacky Web Tales - [Grade 3 and Up] Choose a tale and then enter the requested parts of speech to see what crazy story you wrote.
- Welcome to Commas: Fill in the Blanks - In each blank space in the paragraphs below provide a comma where it is appropriate or write a small-case "x" (without the quotation marks) where a comma is not necessary.