Grammar - CCSS L.7.1, L.7.2, L.7.3, L.7.4, L.7.5, L.7.6
Links verified on 7/5/2014
- Grammar Gorillas - Advanced level - Practice identifying all parts of speech.
- Is this sentence correct? - Online Quia Quiz. Read the sentence and answer "yes" or "no" depending on whether the sentence is grammatically correct or not. Teachers: If a sentence is not correct, have the students change the sentence to make it correct (to be done orally before selecting yes or no).
- Parts of Speech - Choose the correct part of speech for each word.
- Parts of Speech - Identify the part of speech that will complete the sentence.
- Parts of Speech Quiz - Identify the part of speech of the highlighted word in each of the following sentences. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Phrases and Clauses - Choose the best answer for each question.
- Practice Tests and Games - Topics on basic writing principles. Games do not provide feedback for answers. To understand why an answer is right or wrong, go to the corresponding practice test. [College Level]
- The Treasure Behind the Mask- Select the vowels with the matching schwa sound.
- What does the Schwa Sound mean? - Three interactive Quia games for students to identify words with the schwa sound and other vowel sounds.