2nd Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Fractions - CCSS 2.G.A.3
Links verified on 9/1/2016
- Exercises and Games
- Balloon Pop Fractions - Choose from 3 levels. Pop the balloons in order from smallest to largest fraction.
- Comparing Like Fractions - Identify if a fraction is more than, the same as, or less than the other.
- Cross the River - Identify the fraction and help the man get across the river.
- Fabulous Fractions - Web lesson and practice on the concept of equal parts as related to fractions.
- Flowering Fractions - Web lesson and practice on using model representations to help understand common fractions.
- Fraction Action - Identify all the fractions that represent the target fraction.
- Fraction Ball - Use the arrow keys to guide the fraction ball into the correct container.
- Fractions Basic - Use the numerator and denominator to divide the play area into segments.
- Fraction Calculator - a fraction calculator that can perform addition, subtraction multiplication or division of two fractions
- Fraction Flags - Design a flag using halves and quarters. Also try designing flags using thirds.
- Fraction Frenzy - One or two-player game. Use the arrow keys to identify which picture represents the target fraction.
- Fraction Models - Explore several representations for fractions using adjustable numerators and denominators.
- Fraction Monkeys - [click the picture to play the game] Practice equivalent fractions and ordering fractions by hanging monkeys on the hooks on the number line.
- Fraction Paint - Using a 2x2 grid, click on a square(s) to paint fractions.
Also try using a 3x3 grid, 4x4 grid, 5x5 grid, and 6x6 grid. For more of a challenge, try using a mixed grid with various sizes of squares.
- Fraction Word Problems - Determine the fraction that best answers each word problem.
- Fractions: Fourths - Using fourths, determine the fraction for the blue part of the rectangle.
- Fractions: Eighths - Using eighths, determine the fraction for the blue part of the rectangle.
- Fractions: Tenths - Using tenths, determine the fraction for the blue part of the rectangle.
Fraction Cafe I - Identify the fraction of pizza slices that need
toppings. Audio required.
Fraction Cafe II - Listen to the pizza orders to determine the fraction
of pizzas with toppings. Audio required.
- I Want My Half - Web lesson and practice on understanding the concrete and symbolic representations of fractions.
- Identify Fractions - Numerous exercises on identifying fractions.
- Identify the Fraction - Select the fraction that represents the shaded portion of each shape.
- Identify the Shape - Select the shape that represents the fraction.
- Kids and Cookies - A cute interactive site using cookies and fractions. Select friends, the number of cookies, and determine how to split the cookies up between everyone.
- Matching Fractions Game - Match the written fraction with the pictured fraction.
- Matching Mixed Fractions - Match the written fraction with the pictured fraction.
- Number Line Fractions - [Pac-Man type game] Look at the number identified on the number line and use the arrow keys to catch the ghost with that number.
- Old Egyptian Math Cats Fractions - Add fractions like a true Old Egyptian Math Cat! Uses fractions thirds through tenths.
- Pizza Fractions Game - Drag and drop the correct number of pizza slices on each fraction plate.
- Who Wants Pizza? - Interactive Web lesson by Cynthia Lanius with practice problems.
- Practice Tests and Quizzes
- Fraction Quiz - Answer 10 questions and click submit to check answers
- Fractions in Words - Fill in the words for each fraction. If a problem is giving you trouble, click the "Hint" button.
- Identifying Fractions - Select the number of problems, the level, and the kind of fractions to test. A variety of quizzes can be generated since they are random each time.
- Math Fractions Quiz - Choose from 3 levels (A, B, C). Look at the picture closely in order to answer the question. Ten self-checking questions per level.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.