Links verified on 12/25/12
- Exercises and Games
- Cross the River - Identify the fraction and help the man get across the river.
- Fabulous Fractions - Learn the concept of equal parts as related to fractions.
- Flowering Fractions - Understand common fractions by using model representations.
- Fraction Action - Select a level and click on all the fractions that represent the target fraction. [New as of 12/25/12]
- Fraction Balls - Guide each fraction ball into the correct container. [New as of 12/25/12]
- Fraction Flags - Design a flag using halves or quarters. Also tryFraction Flags using thirds.
- Fraction Flashcards - Quizlet flashcards. Identify fractions by using the written format as well as the correct language to describe the fractional parts. [New as of 12/25/12]
- Fraction Frenzy - Select one-player or two player and choose a level. Use the arrow keys to identify which picture represents a given fraction.
- Fraction Paint - Using a 2x2 grid, click on a square(s) to paint fractions.
- Fractions - What fraction of the squares are blue? A simple practice that uses fourths to demonstrate how the colored section is the key to the top number and the total boxes (4) are the key to the bottom number.
- Fractions II - What fraction of the rectangles are blue? A simple practice that uses fourths to demonstrate how the colored section is the key to the top number and the total boxes (4) are the key to the bottom number.
- Fractions Model I - Explores several representations for fractions using adjustable numerators and denominators - Fraction Model II - Fraction Model III
- I Want My Half - Understand the concrete and symbolic representations of fractions.
- Jelly Golf - Play 9 holes of fraction fun!
- Matching Fraction Games - Match the visual picture to the correct fraction. [New as of 12/25/12]
- Name the Fraction - Count the colored parts of the picture to enter in the fraction.
- Percent Paint - Students paint blocks on a 10x10 grid - use this as a whole group activity and ask students to paint fractions or percents.
- Pizza Fraction Game - Drag and drop the correct number of pizza slices on each fraction plate. [New as of 12/25/12]
- Simple Fractions - Recognize the equivalence between simple fractions.
- Visualizing Fractions - Use the arrows to select the correct number of divisions (denominator) and color in the specified numerator.
- Practice Tests and Quizzes
- Fraction Quiz - Five questions. Select the picture that shows the shaded area of the fraction. [New as of 12/25/12]
- Fractions Quiz - Ten questions. Select the answer and click submit. [New as of 12/25/12]
- Shaded Portion - Ten questions. Select the answer that best matches the shaded portion of each question.