Figurative Language - CCSS RL.8.4
Links verified on 12/24/2015
- Exercises and Games
- Bud, Not Buddy - Quia activities on similes & metaphors - Matching | Flashcards | Concentration | Word Search
- Choose Your Game - Pick a game format that you would like to play (Matching Pairs, Wordshoot, Flashcards, Manic Miner, CannonBall Fun). For each game, choose the literal meaning for the figurative language presented.
- Do You Know Your Metaphors? - Drag the words in the column on the right to the words in the column on the left to make a metaphor.
- Do You Know Your Similes? - Drag the words in the column on the right to the words in the column on the left to make a simile. (Refresh the page to get a new set.)
- Eye on Idioms - 7 different activities, but after each activity the answers must be printed off and/or written down so that you can keep track
- Figurative Language - Learn the terms and definitions associated with figurative language with these flashcards, games and practice tests fromquizlet.com.
- Grade or No Grade - An eclassroom game with 20 possible questions. Answer the question correctly to determine your grade.
- Idioms - Look at the phrase and select the answer that best describes what it means.
- Literary Devices - Variety of activities on Similes, Metaphors, Personification, Slang/Dialect and Allusions. - Matching | Concentration | Flashcards
- Literary Terms - 23 short-answer questions with hints are available. (Internet Explorer)
- Metaphor Battleship - Quia activity using the Battleship game format.
- Simile, Metaphor, or Personification? - Read the sentence, then decide if it is a simile, metaphor, or personification.
- Practice Quizzes and Tests
- Figurative Language Quiz Quiz - Questions on alliteration, similes and metaphors, personification, connotation and imagery.
- Literary Terms Quiz - A quiz on 40 useful literary terms.
- Literary Terms Quiz - 26 multiple choice questions from Quia.
- Literary Terms Quiz - Practice literary terms with these seven multiple-choice questions.
- Metaphor Quiz - A five-question quiz from Quia.
- Metaphor Quiz - A ten-question quiz from Quia.