1st Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Counting Coins and Value - CCSS 1.MD.C.4, 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.5
Links verified on 2/19/2014
Exercises and Games
- Adding Nickels and Pennies - Find the sum of the coins.
- Adding Dimes and Pennies - Find the sum of the coins.
- Adding Dimes, Nickels and Pennies - Find the sum of the coins.
- Coin Combo - Move fast and best the timer! Click on the coins that make the amount shown.
- Coin Names and Values - Practice the name of coins and the amount each are worth.
- Coin Values and Names - Practice the value amount of coins.
- Coins for Candy - Identify, know the value of, and compare the values of a penny, nickel, and dime.
- Count My Money - Help count the amount of money in Grandpa's pocket.
- Counting Change - Find the matching amount of change by counting the coins and matching it with a numerical value.
- Counting Coins - From FreeMathTest: up to $0.05, up to $0.20, up to $0.50, up to $0.99, customize amounts
- Counting Money - Count the coins and type the amount.
- Counting Money - Lesson on adding pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters.
- Discovering Coin Values - Drag coins into the cup to equal the amount shown.
- How Much Money? - Fill in the amount of money that is shown for the 1 coin. Next, try 2 coins, 3 coins, 4 coins, 5 coins.
- Jesse's Ice Cream Stand - Help Jesse pick the right scoop size so he can make the most profit.
- Learning Coins - Interactive lesson and practice.
- Let's Compare - Count the money on each side then use the "<", ">", or "=" symbols to compare sides.
- Let's Count Money - Coin value problems. This site uses both sides of the coins, but the two sides are not exactly the same size!
- Money Bingo - Select the specific coins or bills to play with, or choose them all. Count the money shown and match it with the numerical number.
- Money Exercise - Choose the answer that exactly matches the amount shown.
- Money Flashcards - Determine the value of coin or coins and bills. Best used as a whole class review; this is not a game with an end.
- Pay the Exact Amount - Determine the coins that would be needed to pay the amount shown.
- Peter Pig's Money Counter - Many games in one! Select "easy" level and practice sorting coins, counting coins, and determining which value is greater.
- Put the Coins in Order - Put the coins and bills in order form lowest to highest.
- Spending Spree - Which one do you want to buy? Click on the item and find the coins that add up to the amount the item costs.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.