6th Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Coordinate Plane - CCSS 6.G.A.3
Links verified on 6/27/2014
- Billy Bug - Move the bug to help him feed. Quadrant I only 10x10 grid.
- Billy Bug 2 - Move the bug to help him feed. Uses all four quadrants, four 5x5 grids.
- Catch the Fly - Use the keyboard to enter the x and y values of an ordered pair to help the fly catch a bug. No score is kept, each question is essentially a one question game.
- Coordinate Geometry - Match descriptions with a point.
- General Coordinates Game - Investigate the Cartesian coordinate system through identifying the coordinates of points, or requesting that a particular point be plotted.
- Graphing Applet - This interactive site identifies the ordered pairs of points you click on.
- Graphing Equations and Inequalities Unit Quiz - Check your understanding with this eight question quiz.
- Graphing Ordered Pairs - Lesson with interactive practice on graphing and locating ordered pairs on a grid.
- Greg's Grid Graphs - Help Greg and his family plan their visit to the museum.
- Maze Game - Use your knowledge of points on a plane to move a robot to the target, while avoiding mines.
- Ordered Simple Plot - Input a series of (x,y) ordered pairs and plot them in the order the pairs are inputted, either connected or as unconnected data points.
- Practice problems from Math.com: The coordinate plane, Slope and y-intercept, and Graphing linear equations.
- Reading a Grid - Find Hurkle behind the grid. Type ordered pairs to find him.
- Simple Coordinates Game - Investigate the first quadrant of the Cartesian coordinate system through identifying the coordinates of points, or requesting that a particular point be plotted.
- Simple Maze Game - Investigate the first Quadrant of the Cartesian coordinate system by directing a robot through a mine field laid out on the plane.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Using Ordered Pairs - Watch the video and respond at various places Lesson 18.
- Stock the Shelves - You have two minutes to put the soda bottles in their correct places on the coordinate plane.
- What's the Point? - Play a coordinate plane game from Funbrain.com. (use the hardest level)
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.