Kindergarten Language Arts Skill Builders
Beginning Letter Recognition - CCSS RF.K.3.a
Links verified on 05/13/2016
- Exercises and Games with Audio
- ABC Mommy and Me - From Lil' Fingers Storybook. Click on the letters to make them talk.
- ABC Order - Determine what letter comes next.
- Alphabet Action - Click a letter to hear its name and see a picture.
- Alphabet and Phonemic Awareness Practice - Click on a letter to see it in uppercase and lowercase and to hear how it sounds.
- Alphabet Bang - Hit a key on the keyboard and hear the letter names.
Match: Kangaroo Confusion - Match capital to small letter. Find
the Mommy (or Daddy) Kangaroo for each joey.
- Big Bird's Letters - Press a letter key to see and hear that letter.
- Chicka Chicka Boom - Learn the alphabet and sing along.
- Find the letter - Audio provided; Rabbit names a letter for student to click on; feedback given for wrong response.
- Keyboard-O-Rama - Type a letter on the keyboard and hear a word that starts with that letter.
- Letter Blaster -
An interactive educational game that can be used as an Assessment Tool to follow a child's progress in Letter Recognition.
- Letterella - Meet the letters of the alphabet. Listen as Letterella sings each letter and pronounces each phoneme in words beginning with the letter.
- The Literacy Center - A great site for pre-K to first grade. Activities with colors, numbers, letters, shapes and words. Site translated in Spanish, Dutch, French and English. Also has a typing component in the Keyboard Section.
- Exercises and Games without Audio
- ABC Match-Up - Click on the buttons and match the letters to reveal the image. Match all the letters to win!
- Nursery Tutor - Click on letters and set a time. Flash cards on line!
- The ABC Game - Pick the object that starts with the letter shown at the top of each page. This game has 10 questions.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.