1st Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Beginning Consonants - CCSS RF.1.2.c
Links verified on 11/10/13
- Beginning Consonant Digraphs - Select the correct digraph.
- Beginning Sound - Listen to the word and type the letter of the beginning sound. Click the levers to control the pictures.
- Blending words together - Blender says word and student must choose the beginning sounds and ending sounds separately to be blended together. This site is from BBC and makes it a bit difficult for some children to understand the words.
- Blending words together- Blending Bowl - Blend beginning sounds and ending sounds together to produce the word. See if your student can figure out the word before the two collide!
- Chicken Coop - Beginning phoneme matching.
- Consonant Blends - Find the blend that matches the picture.
- Fishing for Phonics - Select beginning consonants and help Garfield catch objects by matching the missing letter for each word [two levels].
- Fun Fonix - Select one of three games and then play.
- Gus and Inky's Underwater Adventure Chapter 1 - Story about Gus and Inkey - Help Gus with beginning sounds.
- Have More Fun - Many games to select from in various formats.
- Hung up on H - H sound song. [not a game]
- Online Interactive Practice - Click on one of the red buttons, there are fifteen practice activities on this page.
- Paw Park: Sassy Seals - Match beginning sounds.
- Phonics Fun For Early Readers - Clifford the Big Red Dog has some pictures for you to look at. Find the words that begin with the same sound as the large picture. Caution: You must drag the words to the word box, not to the open space of the box.
- Picture Match - [don't enter your whole name] choose beginning letter sounds and match pictures to their beginning letter sounds by sorting them into boxes, you enter five letters or let the game select them randomly
- Sound Match - Find words that begin with same letter sound.
- Sounds Sea - Beginning letter actually, not just consonants - select the letter, click on mouth sound to hear the sound and then click on the matching letters as they appear.
- W Trouble - W sound song. [not a game]
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.