Author's Purpose - CCSS RL.4.1, RI.4.1
Links verified on 12/28/2015
- Author's Point of View - Read the stories and determine the author's purpose.
- Author's Purpose - Read each paragraph and decide the author's purpose.
- Author's Purpose: Battleship - Answer the questions correctly and try to sink your opponent's ship.
- Author's Purpose in a Paragraph - Read each paragraph and answer the questions on the purpose.
- Author's Write for a Purpose - Read each passage and determine what the author's purpose was for writing the passage.
- Determine the Author's Purpose - A variety of activities designed to help you determine the author's purpose. Follow the directions on each screen and complete the activities.
- Identify the Purpose - Identify the author's purpose in each piece.
- Inform/Entertain/Persuade - Choose the purpose for each question: to inform, to entertain or to persuade. Self checking quiz.
- Types of text - [Skillwise quiz] Entry 3 quiz
- Types of text - [Skillwise quiz] Level 1 quiz
- Types of Text Game - [Skillwise game] Can you spot the text types?
- Writing to Evaluate - What is being evaluated in each paragraph? After reviewing the lesson, click on "Want to play a game" to play a matching game.