1st Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Alphabetize - CCSS L.1.1
Links verified on 2/10/2016
- Click on the frog to begin and then click on the letter that
- ABC Order - what letter comes next in a sequence of three
- Alphabet Games - index of twenty-seven interactive games from PBS Kids
- Alphabet Order - Put the alphabet in the correct ABC order by clicking and dragging the letters.
- Alphabet Soup - Put the letters in order to form the missing word to the riddle.
- Help to sort the animals by putting the animals in ABC order. This game has 5 questions.
- Alphabetical Adventure - Jump over the keys in alphabetical order to help Molly play a tune.
- Connect dots in alphabetical order to complete a drawing. [all letters present]
- Connect dots in alphabetical order to complete a drawing. [some letters missing]
- Alphabetizing Game - Place the words on the left in alphabetical order on the right.
- Billy Bear's Alphabet Game - four lessons, each with several games
The Book Game
- Organize the out of order books. Click on the picture of the books to play, then click each book to put it in alphabetical order.
Connect the Dots
- Click on the letters of the alphabet in the correct order from A to Z, to
uncover the hidden picture.
- Match capital to small letters to reveal a surprise picture; concentration style game. As matches are made they are reinforced on a chalkboard, writing down the matches so the student can go back and read the matches later. [concentration style game
Paw Park: Alphabet Bears
- Bears wearing words on their shirts must be put into alphabetical order. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine
Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient?
at the bottom right of the page.]
- Scroll down to Alphabetical Order 1. Drag the words in alphabetical
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.