Algebraic Functions - CCSS 8.F.A.1, 8.F.A.2, 8.F.A.3, 8.F.B.4, 8.F.B.5
Links verified on 6/18/14
- Algebra Puzzle - Find the value of each of the three objects presented in the puzzle. The numbers given represent the sum of the objects in each row or column. Select advanced.
- Algebraic Reasoning - Learn how to think algebraically with these clever weighing scales. Levels 1 and 2 contain two scales. Level 3 is more difficult and has three scales. Your goal is to determine the weight of one or more of the objects.
- Algebra vs The Cockroaches - Determine the slope of the line that cockroaches are crawling along to destroy them.
- Equation Match - Determine the value of X in each equation.
- Explore Families of Functions - Explore how changing constants affects the graph of the corresponding function.
- Function Machine - Students investigate very simple functions by trying to guess the algebraic form from inputs and outputs.
- Late Delivery - Find the value of expression written on each door to deliver the mail.
- Linear Function Machine - Students investigate linear functions by trying to guess the slope and intercept from inputs and outputs.
- Mystery Operations - In this activity the computer makes up a mystery operation, and you have to figure out what the operation is. You give the computer two numbers to calculate, and it tells you the answer.
- Number Cruncher - Lists input and output in a table and will not let the user attempt to guess the rule on without at least having two data points.
- Patterns & Functions - Twenty multiple-choice questions.
- Positive Linear Function Machine - Students investigate linear functions with positive slopes by trying to guess the slope and intercept from inputs and outputs.
- Solve Equations - Use the balance-strategy to solve the twenty equations or you can write your own.
- Math Interactives - Multimedia resource includes interactive math activities, print activities, learning strategies, and videos that illustrate how math is used in everyday life.
- Teacher Dodgeball - Each blank of the equation stands for a number on a teacher. Hit the teacher with the number that goes next in the equation by clicking on them.
- Whole Number Cruncher - Similar to "Number Cruncher" but only generates multiplication and addition functions to avoid outputting any negative numbers.