7th Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Vocabulary Builders - CCSS L.7.5, L.7.6
Links verified on 10/29/2015
- Analogies: Find the Appropriate Match - Use the drop down menu below each word to select your answer.
- Analogy Challenge - When you see the word that completes the analogy, click on the button at the bottom left of the screen. Be quick!
- Analogy Quiz - Use your keyboard to type the word that completes the analogy.
- Analogy Quiz: Set 1 - Develop critical thinking skills with the solving of analogies.
- Analogy Quiz: Set 2 - More analogies from Diana Dell.
- Antonym Matching - Find the matching squares with opposite meaning. A game from Quia.
- Antonym Practice - The exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Be sure to have a dictionary handy!
- Antonyms - When you see the word that is an antonym of the given word, click on the button at the bottom left of the screen. Be quick!
- Awesome Analogies - Jeopardy style game for one or two players. Figure out why the first pair of words go together so that you can finish the second word pair.
- Fact Monster - Analogy of the Day. What word best completes the analogy?
- Field Trip - Unscrambling synonyms. Find a synonym for each word in black; a word list is provided.
- Finding New Ways to Say Something - Practice your alphabetizing skills, learn about synonyms and pick the right one to finish a sentence, and match words to their entries in a thesaurus.
- Flash Analogy Set 10 - Mr. Anker's analogy practice quiz. Other sets: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
- Homophone Game - Can you match the words that sound the same, but are spelled differently and have different meanings? (Eg: pair,and pear).
- Index of Vocabulary Building Quizzes - Challenge yourself! The quizzes listed are designed for college-level work.
- Sentence Completion - Which word best completes the sentence? [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homonyms - Read each pair of words; write S, A, or H beside the pairs.
- Synonym Challenge - When you see the word that is a synonym of the given word, click on the button at the bottom left of the screen. Be quick!
- Synonym Practice - The exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Be sure to have a dictionary handy!
- Word Jungle - [Designed for 6th grade] Turn the dial to 6th grade and then click Start. Choose correct meaning of given word to swing in jungle.
- Word Relationships - Use the drop down menu to the right of each word to select your answer.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.