Telling Time - CCSS 1.MD.B.3
Links verified on 10/26/2015
- Exercises and Games
- Clockwise - Interactive clock from Shodor, time is shown on a clock face and students enter correct time.
- Clock Works - [Advanced - includes :15, :30, and :45 increments at the basic level] Select hour and then minute by clicking on the clock.
- Identifying Time to the Hour - Place the cursor over the correct time.
- Snapdragon - Use arrows to move the hour hand to the given time.
- Stop the Clock - Match digital time to analog clocks, or written time, by dragging the digital clocks, or written time | to the nearest hour | to the nearest half hour
- Telling Time - Five levels are available - Choose level one for time to the hour, level five for time to the minute.
- Telling Time 2 - Click on the digital clock that matches the time on the analog clock.
- Telling Time 3 - Click on the digital clock that matches the time on the analog clock.
- Time Clock - Drag the hands of the clock to show the correct time.
- Time for Time - Large clock which you can set for whole class activities.
- Time To Go - Tell time to the half hour.
- What Time Is It? - [hours] Match the time on an analog clock to the correct digital clock.
- Whole Class Clock - A clock face which you can set for any time, or change by any increment.
- Willy the Watchdog - A two player game which asks students to set the clock to match a given time (half hour increments).
- Practice Tests and Quizzes
- Hour Quiz - Click on the correct time under each clock. Then check your answers by clicking the Get Score button. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Time - Choose the number of questions and your level. Write the time shown on the clock in hours and minutes.
- Time Quiz - Practice half hour skills. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- What Time Is It? - An interactive worksheet that can be used for a timed-test. Answer each question and then click "submit" to get your score.