1st Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Spelling - CCSS L.1.2
Links verified on 6/3/15
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Letter Bugs - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Space Trash - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Fearless Frieda - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2.
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game.
- Look, cover and Spell - Phonetic family of words to practice. Can change the level from easy to hard.
- Pirate Spelling - Choose a level and help complete the words by filling the gap with the correct letters.
- Sand castle Quiz - Build a Sand castle and get to know the common spelling patterns for the following vowels; ow/ou, oy/oi, ar/a/al, oo/u, air/are/ear, or/ore/oar/war, aw/au/augh/al, ir/ur/er, ear/eer/ere, or all phonemes.
- See 'N Spell - Students click and drag letters into the box to spell the words that correspond to the pictures. A very good activity with many skills such as plurals, long vowels, short vowels, blends and digraphs.
- Spell Check - TCAP format, select word that is spelled incorrectly.
- Spell Words - Magnetic Board - drag letters to create word.
- Spelling - Click on the misspelled word and then fix it. For different words and spelling activities,check here
- SpellingCity - Select from the 30 spelling lessons provided for spelling tests and games.
- Spelling Activities - Basic core words; color activities, puzzle activities, use it activities. 21 units
- Spelling Match - Select one of the 6 units to play an activity spelling words or finding missing letters to words.
- Spelling Quiz - Test your knowledge on spelling in general.
- Spin and Spell - Click on the word you wish to spell then click on the letters on the spinning wheel. Click submit to check spellings.
- Trapped! - Choose the correctly spelled words to escape from the tower.
- Word Builder - Choose one of the numerous units to build the missing word.
- Word Sort - Choose one of the numerous units. Look at the letters in each box and find the spelling word(s) that end with the same letters and place it in the correct box.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.