Sight Words - L.1.6, RF.1.3.g, RF.1.4
Links verified on 2/4/15
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Letter Bugs - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Space Trash - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Body Parts - Move the pictures by using the arrow on the right to match the word.
- Coconut Words - Three Levels. Click on correct word to complete the sentence.
- Crossword puzzles using Dolch Sight Words - Select a lesson and fill in the missing word.
- Dolch Sight Words - Games and activities.
- Dolch Sight Words - Select any of the four activities: Test Me, Teach Me, Play A Game, Handwriting Worksheets.
- Fearless Frieda - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2.
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game.
- High Frequency Words - Six activities using sight words. Drag correct word in blank to complete the sentences.
- I Can Read Game - Listen to the sentence then click on the spoken word.
- Look, Cover & Spell - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- Missing Letters - Find the matching sight word and type the missing letters.
- Sight Word Activities and Games - From Readquarium.
- Sight Words - Read sight words and then type them in the box.
- Sight Word Practice Quizzes - Many quizzes and levels. .
- Sight Words with Samson - Listen to the word as he pronounces it, spells it and uses it in a sentence.
- Spell Check - TCAP format: Select word that is spelled incorrectly.
- Spell words - Drag letters to create word.
- Spelling - Put the letters in order to create the word that is said aloud.
- SpellBound - See the word spelled correctly, then the letters are mixed up and you must put them in order again.
- Star Words - This activity provides practice at sight recognition and spelling of the 200 or so high frequency words.
- Three plays - Starfall site - Read and act out plays.
- Word Machine - A picture is displayed along with three words, click on the word that matches the picture.
- Word Search - Online game that features many of the first 100 sight words young readers are required to master