Rhyming Words - CCSS RF.K.2.a
Links verified on 11/2/2016
- Exercises and Games
- Animal Muddle - Listen to Foxy Dancer's animal rhyme at The Little Animals Activity Centre.
- Concentration-Style Matching Game - A Quia game. Match the 8 pairs of rhyming words.
- Digby Mole's Rhyming Game - From Little Animals Activity Centre. Start with level 1 and find the rhyming word.
- Frog's Rhyming Machine - Find the word that rhymes.
- Help Reggie Find the Rhyme - Many games to choose from, select one and click on the word that rhymes with the picture.
- Jumping Rhymes - Can you think of a word that ends in the same sound as the word said? Click on the picture of the word that rhymes.
- Loosey Goosey Rhymes - Loosey Goosey letters keep falling off the words. Try to guess what letters are missing.
- Make Time to Rhyme - Click on Elmo to finish the rhyme or start the rhyme yourself and click on the other character.
- Professor Garfield's Barn - Find rhyming words to match the animals.
- Rhyme-bot - Pick the word that rhymes with the robot's song - some reading required.
- Rhyme Time with Gisele - Read one of four poems along with Gisele. After the poem has been read, click on any word to hear the word read to you.
- Rhyming Words - Help Gus find rhymes to help him finish his song.
- Rhyming Words - Click on the word that rhymes with the picture.
- Rhyming Words - Listen to the words and drag and drop the red x on the word that doesn't rhyme with the others!
- River Rhyming - Select a level and help Max cross the river by choose the rhyming word.
- The Nick of Rhyme - Help Grover find what is missing with rhymes.
- Wizards and Pigs: Episode I Poetry Pickle - Students identify rhyme, rhythm, and alliteration [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Words that Rhyme with: Bell || Bug || Cat || Dad || Dash || Dot || Gap || Hill || Jam || Lip || Man || Pet || Ten || Tin || Top.
- Quizzes and Practice Tests
- Rhyming Words - Choose a format for the questions (total of 30 questions) and then select the word that best rhymes with each question.