Recognizing Vowels - CCSS RF.K.2.d, RF.K.3.b, RF.K.3.d
Links verified on 05/13/2016
- Exercises and Games
- Alien Scavenger Hunt - Catch the letters that make up the CVC short vowel words.
- Color Vowels - Pick a color and fill each word according to the long and short vowel sounds.
- Learn to Read - Starfall - Easy to read stories (15 to choose from) that focus on a particular vowel sound along with quizzes on the same vowel. Long and short vowels included.
- Long Vowel Sounds - Select a long vowel. Drag pictures with the long vowel sound into the box.
- Long Vowels - Video lesson and activity. Find the words with the long vowel sounds.
- Picture Match - Select short vowel or long vowel to start a game. Listen to the word and pick the correct vowel.
- Poem Pack - Ten colorful poems with animation, audio and activities. Read it, hear it, search for sounds and find words concentrating on vowel blends.
- See 'N Spell:Short Vowels - Look at each picture. Click and drag the letters into the grey box to spell the word. Click on the Check Work Button to check your answer. This game has 10 questions.
- Short Vowel Practice - Which vowel goes in the blank? Look at the picture, say the word and/or click on the audio of the word and then select the vowel that goes in the blank. For more practice try Set #2, Set #3, Set #4 and Set #5.
- Short Vowels - Video lesson and activity. Find the words with the short vowel sounds.
- Word Family Sort - Click on a vowel to begin, then sort words according to their family. Students can read the words they see and create sentences with them once back at their desks.
- Write a Postcard - Help Salty Sam with his vowels. In the first sentence, click on the focus phonemes. When you have them all correct the next sentence appears, but this time there are gaps in the words. Drag the vowel phoneme with the correct spelling into the gap in the word.