6th Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Percent - CCSS 6.RP.A.3.C
Links verified on 5/23/2016
- Chances Are - Predict the likelihood of events using a circle graph with percentages as a model.
- Finding a Percent of a Quantity - Five self checking multiple choice questions.
- Fractions, Decimals or Percent - Nine problems. Fill in the for with the missing value. The answer will be a fraction, a decimal or a percent, depending on the problem. If your answer is a percent, it must include the % symbol and all fractions should be in lowest terms. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Math at the Mall - Practice percentages and finding the best deal while shopping at a virtual mall.
- Penguin Waiter Percent Game - From FunBrain. Determine how much the original bill was and round to the nearest cent.
- Percentage Calculator -
This online percentage calculator shows how a percentage is represented as a fraction of a number.
- Percentages and Proportions - Five self checking multiple choice questions.
- Percents and Ratios - This is an index of pages that teach percent and ratio skills covered in K8 math courses.
- Percents and Wholes - Five self checking multiple choice questions.
- Percent Problems - A one-player or two-player Jeopardy type game from Quia.
- Percent Game - Simple drill game to find percentages of numbers.
- Percent with a Calculator - Practice problems. After answering each problem run your mouse over the colored blocks to see the answer.
- Pie Chart - View pie charts (parameters: number of sectors, size of sector as a percent).
- Practice Solving Percent Problems - Fifteen practice problems. Answers available from a drop down menu.
- Shopping at Troy's Toys - Percent shopping with two levels. Level 1: Find the sale price when the original price and percent discount are known.
Level 2: Find the percent discount when the original price and the sale price are known.
- Solving Percent Problems Using a Pyramid Grid - An interactive lesson with practice problems.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Percent - Watch the video and respond at various places
- Tipster -You have been hired by the restaurant to ensure your waiters and waitresses get the tips they deserve.You must calculate the tip amount at each table. Your job is to collect as much tip money as possible.
- Using Percents - Five self checking multiple choice questions.
- Using the Proportion Method to Solve Percent Problems - Lesson with practice problems at the end of the page.
- What Percentage has been Shaded - Guess the percent of the shaded pie chart.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.