7th Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Ordered Pairs - CCSS 6.NS.B.2, Mathematical Practices
Links verified on 12/24/2015
- Billy Bug - A game to learn the coordinates 0-10. Quadrant I only 10x10 grid.
- Billy Bug 2 - A game to learn the coordinates 0-5. All four quadrants, four 5x5 grids.
- Catch the Fly - Use the keyboard to enter the x and y values of an ordered pair to help the fly catch a bug. No score is kept, each question is essentially a one question game.
- Coordinate Geometry - Match the descriptions on the left right the coordinates/points on the right.
- General Coordinates Game - Students investigate the Cartesian coordinate system through identifying the coordinates of points, or requesting that a particular point be plotted.
- Graphing Applet - Interactive site that identifies the ordered pairs of points students click on.
- Graphing Equations and Inequalities - Unit quiz consisting of eight true/false questions.
- Graphing Ordered Pairs - Explanation and interactive practice. Enter the correct coordinates for the points plotted below.
- Greg's Grid Graphs - Help Greg and his family use the map and plan their visit to the museum.
- Maze Game - Students use their knowledge of points on a graph to move a robot to the target, while avoiding mines.
- Ordered Simple Plot - Interactive coordinate plane from Shodor.
- Practice problems from Math.com: The coordinate plane, Slope and y-intercept, and Graphing linear equations.
- Reading A Grid - Find Hurkle behind the grid. Type ordered pairs to find him. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Simple Coordinates Game - Students investigate the first quadrant of the Cartesian coordinate system through identifying the coordinates of points, or requesting that a particular point be plotted.
- Simple Maze Game - Students investigate the first Quadrant of the Cartesian coordinate system by directing a robot through a mine field laid out on the plane.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Using Ordered Pairs - Watch the video and respond at various places.
- Stock the Shelves - You have two minutes to put the soda bottles in their correct places on the coordinate plane.
- What's the Point? - A coordinate plane game from Funbrain.com (use the hardest level).
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.