6th Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Measurement - CCSS 6.G.A.4
Links verified on 12/24/2015
- Area Explorer - Students are shown shapes on a grid after setting the perimeter and asked to calculate areas of the shapes.
- Learning About Measures - Use these links to find length, mass, or capacity measurement activities.
- Measure it - Practice using a ruler, in inches and centimeters.
- Measurement Equivalents - Play a match game with standard equivalent measurements, such as pounds, ounces, pints, cups, etc.
- Perimeter Explorer - You will be shown shapes on a grid after setting the area and then asked to calculate perimeters of the shapes.
- Perimeter of a Square - Calculate the perimeter of a square with given dimensions.
- Perimeter of a Rectangle - Calculate the perimeter of a rectangle with given dimensions.
- Platform Scales Addition - Weigh several items and find the sum in hundredths of a gram.
- Platform Scales Subtraction - Weigh several items and find the difference in hundredths of a gram.
- Shape Explorer - You will be shown shapes on a grid and asked to calculate areas and perimeters of the shapes.
- Using a Graduated Cylinder - [L and mL] Class activity for reading a scale, estimating and converting between units.
- Using a Platform Scale - Practice using scales like the one in a doctor's office. Five Gregs will drop on the scale, waiting to be weighed, see how quickly you can weigh them.
- Using a Ruler - Activity for reading a ruler, estimating and converting between units.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.