4th Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Capitalization and Punctuation - CCSS L.4.2.a-c
Links verified on 12/28/2015
- Capitalization - Practice editing skills by looking for capitalization errors.
- Capitalization Quiz - [advanced] designed for grade 7
- Capitalization Quiz - choose the correct sentence
- Capitalization Quiz - Read each sentence carefully. Look for an error in capitalization. Choose the answer that shows the correction that needs to be made.
- Capitalization Quiz - Read each sentence and decide whether it is capitalized correctly. If it is, mark it correct. Otherwise mark it incorrect.
- Dear Mr. Henshaw - Find the mistakes in the parts of a friendly letter (a Quia quiz).
- Edit Dan's Copy - Help Dan edit his news reports. You can pick Level 1 for capital letters and final punctuation or pick Level 2 for run-on sentences, quotation marks, and apostrophes.
- Grammar Blast: Punctuation/Capitalization - Read the question and select the answer choice you think is correct.
- Magical Capitals - Help the fairy capitalize the sentences.
- PowerProofreading - Select 4th grade and then select a sentence to correct the grammatical mistakes.
- Proofreading Makes Perfect - Correct the punctuation and capitalization mistakes in the sentences.
- Quiz on Comma Usage - Click on "The paragraph, please!" and a paragraph will appear in the top text-area. Insert the necessary commas in the paragraph.
- Quiz Time - nine multiple-choice questions
- Using Capital Letters - Correct the sentences using capital letters.
- Using Commas with Coordinating Conjunctions - Click on "The sentence, please!" and a sentence will appear in the top text-area. Insert the necessary comma or commas (being careful not to insert commas where they aren't necessary).
- Using Commas with Introductory Phrases - Click on "The sentence, please!" and a sentence will appear in the top text-area. Insert the necessary comma or commas (being careful not to insert commas where they aren't necessary).
- Which Word Should be Capitalized? - Short answer quiz that is self checking.
- Word Detective - Read the sentence and on paper write down the proper noun with correct capitalization. Then click on "check here" for self checking the answers.
- Write Your Own Friendly or Business Letter - Practice writing the different parts of a letter using the correct capitalization and punctuation.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.