Beginning Subtraction - CCSS K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.5
An adult might need to read instructions to Kindergarten students for the activities below
Links verified on 10/27/2015
- Exercises and Games
- Subtraction Problems - Small numerals. Subtract the numbers and click on the correct answer.
- Ambleweb Subtraction Machine - Choose a skill level, type the answer, and then check your answer.
- Are You a Math Magician? - Two levels of practice with several operations are available; addition, subtraction, multiplication or division. Mixed practice is also available.
- FactMonster.com Flashcards - Choose the operation (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, or add and subtract) and select a level.
- Flashcards - Choose addition (+) or subtraction (-) and then select number of cards you want to practice (0-12).
- Math Baseball - Level Easy. Practice subtracting numbers 1-10.
- Subtraction - From the Little Animals Activity Centre. Addition & Subtraction is also available to practice both skill sets.
- Speed Grid Challenge: Subtraction - (Level 1) Set the number of questions (2 to 99) and the time limit (1 to 10). Answer each problem as fast as you can to beat the clock!
- Subtraction Harvest - Select a level to practice. Provides explanations for answers.
- Sum Sense: Single Digit Subtraction - Set the number of questions (2 to 99) and the time limit (1 to 10). Drag and drop number cards to correctly answer the problems.
- That's a Fact - From Harcourt School. Choose a practice area: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Addition and Subtraction combined, or Multiplication and Division combined. Select the facts to practice and then choose timed or un-timed to begin practicing 30 facts.
- Practice Tests and Quizzes
- Subtract two numbers within 5 - Online interactive quiz that is self checking.
- Customized Subtraction Practice - From FreeMathTest. Select the number of problems, smallest number and largest number to create your own test. Or, choose from these tests:1-3, 2-5, 3-8, 5-10, 5-20, 10-99.
- Math Tests - Select the length, level, time, and the operation you would like to test (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) to generate an online math test.
- Subtraction Quizzes - Choose a self-correcting quiz (0-9) that can printed when finished.
- Subtraction Testing - [K-12] Choose the number of questions, maximum value of subtraction terms, and practice or test mode.
- The Art of Math - [K-3] Create your own math tests. Each math test is randomly generated based on the values you provide (you set grade level and difficulty). This allows each math test to be unique, providing students with an endless number of challenges. (adding, subtracting, or multiplying)
- Add and subtract two numbers within 5 - Online interactive quiz that is self checking.