Beginning Phonics - CCSS RF.K.2.d, RF.K.3.a
Links verified on 05/13/2016
- Exercises and Games with Audio
- Alphabet Action - Click a letter to hear its name and see a picture.
- Alphabet and Phonemic Awareness Practice - Click on a letter to see it in uppercase and lowercase and to hear how it sounds.
- Alphabet Bang - Hit a key on the keyboard and hear the letter names.
- Alphabet Zoo - Click on partner letters to place baby animals into their proper homes in the zoo.
- Beginning Sounds Game - Type or click the beginning sounding letter for each word/picture.
- Between the Lions: The Quiet Machine - The beginning sounds machine. Pick the word that begins with the sound provided.
- Big Bird Gets a Letter - Find the pictures that start with the indicated letter.
- Click the Letter - A letter is said out loud and you must click on the letter to hear words that start with that letter.
- Fishing for Phonics - Select a level and find the missing beginning or ending sound and drag the card into the missing space.
- Fun Fonix - Several phonics games and quizzes.
- Fuzzy Lion Ears - Click on the picture to hear the word and select the letter that best fits the blank.
- Gus and Inky - A story with activities in it that asks the students to help them identify beginning sounds.
- Hedgie's Alphabet - Listen to the name of the picture and find the word that matches. This is a click and drag activity.
- Keyboard-O-Rama - Type a letter on the keyboard and hear a word that starts with that letter.
- Letters and Pictures - Click on the objects that start with each letter of the alphabet shown on the left.
- Letter Sounds - A word appears on the screen missing the first two letters. The word is said aloud and you must find the beginning letters.
- Loosey Goosey Rhymes - Loosey Goosey letters keep falling off the words. Try to guess what letters are missing.
- Match of Mystery - 5 levels, short, long, digraphs, dipthongs and vce pattern.
- Phonic Fighter - Click on the picture that starts with the letter shown.
- ReadwithFonics - Interactive phonics resources for the classroom that make learning to read fun.
- Sound Fun - Match sound with the letter. Select level easy and then click on the letter that matches the sound that is said.
- Theo's Puzzles - Click a letter to choose a puzzle. Move the puzzle pieces to the right spot in the puzzle to see a picture that starts with that letter. Also hear other words that begin with that letter.
- Exercises and Games without Audio
- Clifford's Sound Match Activity - Find the words that begin with the same sound as the picture and put them in the box. Sound is available but not necessary.