Links verified 9/16/2021
- Beauty And The Beast Inside - how body image impacts mental health [new on 4/15/2019]
- Calorie Calculator - enter a food item and get information on calories
- Choose My Plate - information about the new food pyramid and more
- Eat Healthy - ways to eat healthy when you are an extremely busy student
- Eating Disorders - index to information about a variety of eating disorders
- FDA - labeling and nutrition information
- Food Pyramid a food pyramid booklet that introduces you to each category.
- Food Allergy - science behind the most common food allergies and intolerances
- Food Safety for the Whole Family - The majority of food borne illnesses can be prevented by taking simple precautions in the kitchen and when grocery shopping.
- Healthy Habits - student guide to nutrition and fitness resources
- How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Label - from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- KidsHealth.org - the food guide pyramid becomes a plate
- Learn to be Healthy - for teens; you have to register, but it is free, journal food choices, activities to select to help make healthy choices.
- Managing Chronic Health Conditions In School - advice and support for students living with a chronic health condition
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Nutrition.Gov - information to help you make healthful eating choices
- Nutrition Games for Kids - Fuel Up to Play 60 - the new home of all your favorite games and lessons from Nutrition Explorations.
- Nutrition Information - from the U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Nutrition News from Dole - nutrition articles
- Pyramid Lesson Plan - Kids can cut out their own food choices to make their own pyramid.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print