Links verified on 9/6/2018
- 8 Tips for Protecting Children and Teens Online - a security guide for parents, caregivers and educators
- Beginner's Guide to Online Security and Privacy - excellent advice, not just for beginners
- Child Internet Safety - a variety of tips and suggestions
- Cyberbullying - the new online crime
- Dealing with Cyberbullying - tips for kids and parents to prevent and stop cyberbullying [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- The Essential Teen Internet Safety Guide - tips, techniques and advice about how to protect teens from a whole host of dangers, including fraud and identity theft
- GetNetWise - Four Areas of Assistance; Online Safety Guide, Tools for Families, Web Sites for Kids, and Reporting Trouble
- Guide to Cyberbullying - awareness and prevention
- Guide to Online Safety for Kids - ideas and links to other sites posted by Maryville University
- A Guide to Protecting Children's Privacy Online - up-to-date information on children’s privacy on the Internet
- How to Keep Kids Safe Using Social Media - regarding a number of clear risks, particularly for children and young people
- How to Protect your Kids Online | The Ultimate Children’s Protection Guide - The internet hides many dangers, and instead of protecting the children from the Internet, we should warn them, and explain the dangers.
- Internet Safety - how to keep kids and teens safe online
- Internet Safety - tips to safeguard your privacy and protect your online presence
- Internet Safety - From Kids Health for Parents
- Seguridad en la Internet - En espanol
- Internet Safety - From the New York Missing and Exploited Children Clearinghouse [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Internet Safety for Kids - understand the meaning of online safety, learn about online child safety laws and find out how you can educate your students on the importance of staying safe online
- Internet Safety Tips for Kids - Guide for Parents - Read about the most important things for parents, teachers, counselors, and authority figures to do to keep children safe online.
- iSafe - A congressionally funded foundation whose mission is to educate and empower youth to make their Internet experiences safe and responsible.
- Jo Cool or Jo Fool (Grades 6-8) - This interactive online module takes students through a CyberTour of twelve mock web sites to test their savvy surfing skills
- Keeping Your Kids Safe Online - learn more about the CIPA laws in your state
- Kid Safety on the Internet - Presented in a "slide-show" fashion, containing questions and answers to help kids protect themselves and handle emergencies (Parents may wish to help guide younger kids through the pages and discuss how these ideas apply to them around the home and at school.) [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive]
- Kids' Rules for Online Safety - (from SafeKids.com) This would be good to print and post near your child's computer. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- KidsCom - The Idea Seekers want you to Play Smart, Stay Safe and Have Fun while you're on the Internet. (Internet safety games included)
- NetSmartz - Several Videos about Cyber Bullying and other internet safety issues
- Online Safety - Advice for Parents on how to keep their child safe on the Internet - from Disney
- Parent's Guide to Internet Safety - from the FBI [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Parents Guide to Internet Safety - keeping your child safe online
- Parents Guide to Protecting Kids Online - 20 ways to protect kids online
- Privacy Playground - designed for ages 8-10, the CyberPigs play on their favorite Web site and encounter marketing ploys, spam and a close encounter with a not-too-friendly wolf.
- Protecting Your Children on Their Smartphone - cell phone safety for kids, the ultimate guide for parents
- Safe Online Surfing - FBI Cyber Surf Islands; resources for Teachers and for students
- Teen Internet Safety - a parent's guide
- Ten Tips to Keep Kids Safe Online - three groups of risks
- Ultimate Parent's Guide to Internet Safety - .The following infographic looks at the facts and figures regarding children and the Internet, while offering tips and tools to encourage a safe and productive online environment.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print