Links verified on 1/31/2021
- Africa Map Quiz
- Color Landform Atlas of the United States - Relief maps, satellite images, black and white maps, and much more.
- Do It Yourself - Color Coded State Maps - Create your own map with features - Excellent resource for Middle school and High school
- Flags and Maps of the World - Click on a flag and see a map and information about the country.
- A Gallery of Map Projections - Graphics Optimized for Printing from the Browser
- Historic Aerials - aerial photography images covering most of the country with shots from 2003 to 2008, a smaller percentage of the country has coverage ranging from 1930 to 2008
- Interactive maps - roll your cursor over the country to see the country name and capitol.
- Latitude, Longitude, and Mapmaking - This lesson requires students to review the concepts of latitude and longitude and to use these concepts to create maps of different countries on the computer
- Map Collections - from 1500-2004 - From the Library of Congress - Excellent resource! ; cities, towns,military battles, cultural landscapes, communication, transportation, general maps, conservation and many others.
- Maps and Map Skills - Outline forms, Political Maps, Map Skills
- Maps that Teach from Owl & Mouse software - Learn the countries of different continents and their capitals with these fun and educational map puzzle games. Interactive maps to learn continents, countries, states, capitals, borders, physical features and cultural monuments. Download maps from all over the world to use in class.
- The Map Machine from National Geographic - interactive maps
- Map Services
- Google Maps - This map search contains a fantastic resource for geography teachers. Convert the view to Satellite or Hybrid and click and drag on the map to "fly" to another country. Zoom in to explore the geography of the selected country.
- MapQuest - a great source for U S street maps
- Yahoo maps and driving directions
- Windows Live Local
- Maps - Enhance curriculum with printable maps and statistical charts.
- Maps - posted by the University of Texas at Austin
- Outline Maps to Print or Copy
- Continents and the World - from abc teach
- Countries - from abc teach
- States - from abc teach
- Free outline and blank maps for non profit use - world maps
- USA Maps - States, Landforms, Capitals, Rivers and more
- USA outline map (the 48 contiguous states)
- Maps of the World - Outlines of every continent, latitudes, longitudes, oceans, lakes and more.
- Outline maps of the world - Enchanted Learning; individual countries around the world maps.
- Outline Maps of the US - Blank Outline Maps of the Fifty States of the United States
- Outline Maps - Countries and States; Site with many links. States and Countries in alphabetical order making it very easy to find exactly what you need.
- UN Cartographic Section - General Maps, Peace-keeping Maps, Map Library
- Working With Maps Lessons from USGS
- Map Adventures K-3
- What do Maps Show? 5-8
- Exploring Maps 7-12