Review Help - Eighth Grade English Language Arts
Links verified on 7/14/2014
- Eighth Grade Practice Reading Test - Two stories to read, eight questions to answer for each story. This online test could be printed.
- FCAT Sample Writing Test -  sample questions and test taking tips
- FCAT Sample Answer Book - 
- Grade Eight English/Language Arts - The reading portion of this test comprises 32 of the 114 multiple-choice questions - the exam was released by California in 2008
- Virginia SOL Grade 8 Reading Test - Spring 2008 - 45 questions with answers || Spring 2007 - 45 questions with answers
- How are They Selling It - students read three advertisements and evaluate the type of persuasive writing being employed
- Inflation in Russia - read and answer questions [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Looking for the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading critically
- Read a Contract - and answer questions [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Reading Comprehension Quiz - multiple-choice quiz
- Reading Comprehension stories - quizzes online for 5 stories - Each text is followed by a grammar exercise and summary writing exercise.
- Reading Exercises - Comprehension, Fill in and Sequencing
- What are They Selling - students critically evaluate six advertisements
Online Reading Skills Practice
- Online Practice for Reading - Many choices of text selections - Choose specific activity from the frame on the left to practice skills.
- Cloze Test: (Reading test - Proficiency level) - Students are to complete the text with one word in each gap.
- Cloze Test: (Exploration - Why in the World?) - Students are to complete the text with one word in each gap.
- Cloze Test: (Juliet) - longing for Romeo to arrive - Act III, Scene 2.
- Cloze Test: (The Chink) - A long (and fairly difficult) cloze exercise about the experiences of a young man of Japanese extraction during World War Two.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print