Describe the relationship between plate movements and earthquakes, mountain building, volcanoes, and sea floor spreading SPI 0707.7.6
Links verified on 6/23/2014
- Earthquake Information Pages from the British Geological Survey
- Earthquakes: Nature's Fury - from National Geographic
- Plate Tectonics - the Cause of Earthquakes [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Science Odyssey: You Try It: Plate Tectonics - A hands-on exercise about plate tectonics and earthquakes from PBS. Requires Shockwave plug-in
- Virginia Tech Seismological Observatory - VTSO compiles a Southeastern US Earthquake Catalog which can be browsed or downloaded.
- Volcano World - The Web's Premier Source of Volcano Info. This site is hosted by the University of North Dakota.
- Volcanoes: Can We Predict Volcanic Eruptions? - A complete volcano unit from Annenberg/CPB
- Volcanoes: Nature's Fury - from National Geographic
- Volcano Hazards Program - from the USGS.
- Volcanoes Page from the Michigan Technological University
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print