4th Grade - Spell Correctly
Spell correctly words commonly used in content specific vocabulary. 0401.1.10
Links verified on 9/22/2014
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Letter Bugs - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Space Trash - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Fearless Frieda - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2. -
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game. -
- Look, cover and Spell - phonetic family of words to practice.Can change the level from easy to hard.
- Look, Cover and Spell from Ambleweb - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- Look, Say, Cover, Type and Check - type a list of ten spelling words, then watch a flash card show, remember the word and type it.
- Online Spelling Quizzes - numerous quizzes in TCAP format
- Spell Check - TCAP format - select word that is spelled incorrectly
- Spell words - drag letters to create word
- Spelling - put the letters in order to create the word that is said aloud
- Spelling activities - grades 1-6 available here
- Spellaroo - click on the misspelled word in the sentences
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.