Foreign Languages - Chinese
Links verified 1/25/2021
- Chinese - Free Mandarin Chinese Flash cards - available both online and as printable PDF files
- Chinese- English Dictionary - Searches can be conducted by Chinese (using either the GB, Big5, or Unicode encodings), pinyin, or English. Results will show the Chinese word, the pinyin representation of the word, and the English definition. You can choose to have the Chinese characters appear as GIF pictures. You can also click on the pinyin to hear how it is pronounced
- Chinese - English Dictionary - Handwriting Recognition, Vocabulary Lists - Words automatically saved for you in your page or take them with you by turning them into mp3 files to download, Memorization Tests ; Pinyin with Sound - See and hear pronunciation for all examples and conversations; Conversations - Study, edit and save real-life phrases.
- Chinese resources - many sites that can be helpful in learning Chinese and about the culture
- Chinese - Get your own Chinese Name! - tool that creates names based on your English name
- Foreign Languages for Travelers - Choose the language you speak and the language you want to know, then select from the following menus: Basic Words, Numbers, Shopping/Dining, Travel, Directions, Places, Time and Dates. You will also find a dictionary for translating specific words. The strength of this site is that you can hear the words pronounced.
- Glossaries (by Language) - a large list of language dictionaries [At this site I learned is Chinese for "teach."]
- Learn Chinese Mandrian
- Learn to Speak Chinese - Language Exchange via Email, Text Chat and Voice Chat
- Online Chinese Tools - tools to assist people in learning and using the beautiful Chinese language
- Remembr.it Chinese Dictionary - Mandarin-English (vice versa) dictionary with usage examples.
- Remembr.it Chinese Characters - a systematic approach to studying them.
- Remembr.it Chinese Lessons - The core course consists of 55 lessons broken into 9 modules focused on various aspects of daily life.
- Your Language Exchange Online Community - Find a partner and practice your second language (any language) with a native speaker who is learning your language.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print