Pre-K Mathematics Resources
Links verified 05-11-2016
- Ant Parade - help ants line up for a parade by counting ants
- Counting - Mouse skills needed to drag box car. Audio counts box cars as they are added. Once there are 10 cars, student selects a number and a one-to-one activity is displayed.
- Counting: One to Seven - this site reads the numbers one to seven over and over
- The Counting Game - [numbers up to 9] Count the shapes and then click on the number you counted. Get ten right to win the game.
- Counting Story - Teacher-led and read. Story counts up to Five.
- Glass Palace (with Curious George) - [this link opens in a new window] find where a number fits by cleaning off a dirty window
- Greenelle's Numbers - click on the set that has the vocalized number.
- How many? - online game
- How Many Robots - Count the robots, then click on the matching number.
- Learn to Count to 20 - number is displayed and then the number is said, slowly from one to twenty
- Let's Count! Cynthia Lanius - Many counting activities; also in Spanish.
- Matching Numbers - Click on the picture with the same number of items as the example on the left. one-to-one matching
- Buzzing with Shapes (2 player game) - Be the first to fill a row (like tic-tac-toe). Players must select the number of sides in a shape.
- Chicken Blast Off - Build space ships for all the animals.
- Colors, Shapes and Number Matching - Barney Site - Pick the shape, or number, that matches the objects with which Barney is playing.
- Find the Shape in the Picture - Barney Site - Click on the shape that is in the picture that matches the one on the side.
- Fun With Shapes - Arrange the puzzle pieces by matching the colored shape to the puzzle piece.
- I Spy Shapes - Find the shapes in the pictures.
- Oochy Goes to the Fair - Look at the shape on the sign and then match it by clicking on the one in the box that is the same.
- Oddball - Click on the one that is different.
- Matching Shapes - Click on the shape that is the same as the one on the left.
- Matching Shapes - from Lil'fingers; play this simple concentration game and match the shapes
- Put the Shapes where they belong - A puzzle where the student moves the shapes to fit into the puzzle; a click and drag activity.
- Purpy's Shapes - Click on the shapes at the bottom of the page that match the highlighted shape. Also find shapes in pictures.
- Sammy's Shapes - Teacher directed lesson for whole class activity.
- Shapes - Concentration game. Find the shapes that match under the boxes. May be too difficult for some students because of the number of boxes. (18)
- Shape Construction - Shapes is a fun educational activity to help children learn basic properties of simple geometric figures. Children will practice looking for differences and similarities between shapes to complete puzzles
- Valentine's Day Puzzle - Oh no! Candy has fallen out of the box. Your job is to drag the pieces back into the proper place
- Color Game - Sort the items by colors.
- Same Size - Sort things by equal sizes
- Sorting by Size - A click and drag activity, moving the objects in a row according to size.
- Sorting by Categories - Name items in various places and drag them into the box. Mouse skill of dragging items needed for this activity.
- Sorting with Hampshire - help Hampshire organize things by dragging them into one of three groups
- Sorting and Classifying Items - Separate the monsters in the classroom.
- Sort It Out - Sort things out by color
- Time - Fill in the numbers in order around the clock 1-12. A click and drag operation.Can use this activity to become familiar with the clock layout..
a site for teachers | a PowerPoint show | Adobe Acrobat document | a Word document
sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print