CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.7.1 - Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.7.1 Cite Several Pieces Of Textual Evidence To Support... Reading:Literature - 7th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Choose a story to practice reading comprehension. - Click on a topic to see the lessons and exercises. Click on the lesson to begin.
- Inference and meaning - Using text to infer mood, tone of voice or body language
- Inflation in Russia - Read and answer questions [from the Internet Archive]
- Read a Contract - Read and answer questions [from the Internet Archive.]
- Reading between the lines - Match the phrases from the letter to what Jackie is really thinking
- Reading Comprehension Quiz - Ten-question multiple-choice quiz
- Reading Comprehension stories - Interactive quizzes online for 5 stories - Each text is followed by a grammar exercise and summary writing exercise.
- Reading the Fine Print - In this lesson you will: read the fine print in different advertisements, analyze the fine print to see if the deal is worth it, and do the math to figure out the real cost of an amazing offer