Word Problems - CCSS 1.OA.A.2
Links verified on 2/19/14
- Addition and Subtraction Exercises and Games -
- Adding Three Numbers - Word problems to solve with great explanations for incorrect answers.
- Addition: Sums to 10 - Practice word problems using addition. Incorrect answers include explanations.
- Addition: Sums to 18 - Practice word problems using addition. Incorrect answers include explanations.
- Addition Word Problems - Five questions that are self-checking.
- Addition Word Sentences - Read the practice problems and write an addition sentence that fits the story.
- Number Line Word Problems - Using addition and subtraction, solve each problem by finding the answer on the number line.
- Subtracting One-Digit Numbers - Practice word problems using subtraction. Incorrect answers include explanations.
- Subtraction: Numbers up to 18 - Practice word problems using subtraction. Incorrect answers include explanations.
- Subtraction Word Problems Game - Rally game that can be played by one-player or as a team (up to 10 teams). Solve the problems correctly to increase your speed to win.
- Subtraction Word Sentences - Read the practice problems and write a subtraction sentence that fits the story.
- More Math Word Problem Exercises and Games - >
- Comparison Word Problems - Practice solving word problems by comparing people, places, things, etc. Explanations for incorrect answers.
- Fraction Word Problems - Practice problems using fractions with great explanations for incorrect answers.
- Jeopardy Word Problems - Use with the class as a review game for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and money word problems. Students can work individually or in teams to come up with the answers in class, which can then be checked and points calculated/adjusted in the interactive game.
- Money Word Problems - Solve how much money there is with these practice word problems. Includes explanations for incorrect answers.
- Multiplication Word Problems - Solve each problem and choose the best answer.
- Solving Word Problems - An exercise of Level 1 (easy) problems to solve that are self-checking. Level 2 problems are also available.
- Word Problem Practice - Numerous exercises including that include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and arithmetic problems. Knowledge of 1-2 digit numbers required.
- Word Problem Indexes/Databases of Exercises and Games -
- Math Word Problems - Several problems to solve at the 1st grade level.
- Word Problem Database - Hundreds of math word problems for grades 1-6 that are self-checking.
- Word Problem Quiz - Generate a quiz by selecting only addition, only subtraction, or a mixture of the two and the number of questions.
- Word Problems - Index of several problems.