Triangles - CCSS 6.G.A.1, 6.G.A.4, Mathematical Practices
Links verified on 12/24/2015
- Angle Classification: Acute, Right, Obtuse - Lesson with examples and practice problems.
- Angles - Practice your knowledge of acute, obtuse and alternate angles.
- Angles - Play this game to help you recognize and label acute, right and obtuse angles.
- Classifying Angles - Five self-checking multiple-choice questions.
- Geometry Building Blocks: Classifying Angles - There are eight "workout" questions. Lesson and examples are also available.
- Measuring Angles - Practice using a virtual protractor.
- Making Triangles - Investigate the Concept of Triangle and the Properties of Polygons. (from NCTM)
- Triangle Identification - Identify the type of triangle and angles given.
- Pythagorean Explorer - Find the length of a side of a right triangle by using the Pythagorean Theorem, and then check your answers.
- The Pythagorean Theorem - Five self-checking multiple choice questions.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Working with Angles - Watch the video and respond at various places Lesson 16.
- Squaring the Triangle - Learn about how the Pythagorean Theorem works, the standard geometric proof and explore the angle of measurements.
- Triangle Calculator - Enter values for three of the six sides and angles of the triangle and the other three values will be computed. The number of significant values entered will determine the number of significant figures in the results.
- Triangle Explorer - Students learn about areas of triangles and about the Cartesian coordinate system through experimenting with triangles drawn on a grid.
- Triangle Identification - Identify the triangle given its angles.
- Triangle Identification - Identify the triangle given its number of sides.
- Triangles Side-By-Side - Use geometric vocabulary to describe properties of triangles.