7th Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Reading Comprehension - CCSS RL.7.10
Links verified on 9/21/2015
- Comprehension Through Context Clues - Select reading for understanding and then choose a skill level.
- Drawing Conclusions - [designed for grade 4] Read the story and choose the correct word to complete the sentence.
- Drawing Conclusions - [designed for grade 4] Read the story and choose the correct answer.
- Parts of a Newspaper - In this lesson you will: find what you're looking for in a newspaper, read headlines to predict what articles will be about and where you will find them in the paper, and match pictures with the right captions.
- Reading Charts and Graphs - In this lesson you will: read bar graphs, pie charts, and grid charts, review percentages in pie charts, and compare types of information shown in different kinds of charts.
- Reading Comprehension Online Quizzes - (Ignore the foreign characters, this is the right page) Choose a lesson from the left frame and then take the test. Score is instant. If needed, a practice is provided.
- Reading Comprehension stories - Interactive quizzes for 2 stories - Each text is followed by a grammar exercise and summary writing exercise.
- Reading Comprehension stories - Interactive quizzes for 6 stories. There are also quizzes on sequencing summarization of each story.
- Reading Medicine Labels - In this lesson you will: practice reading medicine labels for information about active ingredients, practice reading medicine labels for information about proper usage, and study vocabulary used to describe symptoms, dosages and types of drugs.
- Reading the Fine Print - Students read advertisements to practice reading critically.
- Scanning for Specifics - In this lesson you will: scan information by picking out key words, practice scanning, rather than reading every word, and use your scanning skills to find information from a chart.
- Science in the News - In this lesson you will: review vocabulary related to science, read articles and answer comprehension questions, and choose the best word to complete sentences from news stories.
- Science Reading Practice - Each paragraph is on a different screen and some of the difficult words are defined. After reading the article, you can take a short vocabulary quiz.
- Stories to Read from Adult Learning Activities. Many online stories to read with quizzes and vocabulary tests following each story. Nature ; Money ; Science and Technology
- Strategies for Better Reading - By reading between the lines you can discover meaning not stated by the author.
- Truth in Advertising - Students read advertisements and evaluate the type of persuasive writing being employed.
- Using Context Clues - In this lesson you will: use the context to figure out new words, practice using context clues, and define words in sentences.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.