Reading Comprehension - CCSS RL.8.10
Links verified on 6/17/2014
- Reading Activities
- Advanced Reading Comprehension - Read the text and answer the questions based on it.
- American Eagle Practice Activity - Read the passage and then select from the activities available: multiple choice, short response and extended response questions.
- Be a Critical Reader - By reading between the lines you can discover meaning not stated by the author.
- Bees - Read a passage and answer five questions. (Internet Explorer)
- Comprehension Lessons - Select reading for understanding and then choose a skill level.
- Online Learning Activities - Many online stories to read. Online quizzes and vocabulary tests follow each story. Nature ; Money ; Science and Technology
- Online Reading Passages with Exercises - Numerous online stories with interactive activities including comprehension, filling in the gap and recreating a story at levels basic to advanced.
- Reading and Understanding - Select level A, B or C. Read the passages and answer the questions.
- Reading Cloze Activity - Choose the words to complete the text. When you have entered all the answers, click on the "Check answers" button.
- Reading Practice - Read "Ready for Anything" and then click on "Answer Section" to answer questions pertaining to the story. Then proceed to thenext reading and answer questions for that story too.
- Stated Information - Read the online story about elephants and answer the questions.
- Stated Information - Read the online story about dolphins and answer the questions.
- Story Archives: Learning Resources - Numerous stories available, just click on a title and then select "story". Each story comes with numerous activities on the left hand side.
- Summarizing a Text - Read the extract and answer the following questions.
- Wayward Bears Practice - Read the passage and then select from the activities available: multiple choice, short response and extended response questions.
- Reading Quizzes and Tests
- FCAT Practice Tests - For each practice test (1-3), a story is provided along with multiple choice, short response and extended response questions.
- Intermediate Reading Test - Read the text and then decide whether the statements are true, false or whether the information is not found in the text.
- Online Reading Quizzes - Ignore the foreign characters, this is the right page! Choose the lesson from the left frame to take a test that is scored. A practice is given first if required.
- Science Reading Practice Quiz - Each paragraph is on a different screen and some of the difficult words are defined. After reading the article, you can take a short vocabulary quiz.