Clauses and Phrases
Links verified on 11/14/11
- Adjective Clauses Practice - Combine two sentences making use of an adjective clause. After you type your answer, use the pull down men to see suggested sentence possibilities.
- Adjective Clauses in Object Position - Combine the two sentences in each question using an object adjective clause. There may be more than one correct answer for each question.
- Adjective Clauses: Listening - Press the "Play Audio" button and listen to a woman talk about weddings in the US Press. Answer the questions as you listen. To check your quiz, press the "Score" button.
- Adjective Clauses: Multiple Choice Exercise: Using Relative Pronouns - In each sentence, choose the correct relative pronoun to introduce the adjective clause.
- Adjective Phrases: Exercise 34 - Change the adjective clauses to adjective phrases.
- Adverb Clauses with Unless/Only if - Choose unless or only if to make logical sentences about the situation given.
- Formal Adjective Clauses: Exercise 30 - Combine the sentences using (b) as an adjective clause. Use formal written English.
- Non-defining Relative Clauses - Choose the correct answer for each question by clicking on the button.
- Noun Clauses: Embedded Questions - Combine two sentences into one sentence using a noun clause.
- Noun Clauses: Pre-Reading Activities - Several activities to practice noun clauses and related skills.
- Noun Clauses: Listening - Press the "Play Audio" button listen to a university student tell a story. Answer the questions as you listen. To check your quiz, press the "Score" button.
- Noun Clauses Using Infinitives - Combine two sentences into one sentence using a noun clause with an infinitive.
- Noun Clauses Warm-Up - Combine two sentences to make one and then use the pull down men to see suggested sentence possibilities.
- Review: Identifying Clauses - Some of the listed passages are clauses, with a predicate (and usually, a subject), while others are simply phrases. See if you can spot the clauses.
- Review: Noun, Adjective, and Adverb Clauses - Determine the function of the highlighted dependent clause in each of the following passages.
- Self Test Quiz: Using Adjective Clauses - Combine the two sentences to make one, using an adjective clause.