3rd Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Parts of Speech - CCSS L.3.1
Links verified on 11/24/14
- Adjectives/Adverbs - Change adjectives into adverbs in this online quiz.
- Be - Verb usage online quiz.
- Clean Up Your Grammar! - Help recycle trash and clean up the beach by taking the words that wash up on shore and dragging them to the correct garbage can. The words are either nouns or verbs and there will be a total of 10 words. Be sure to put the words in the correct trash can because if you make a mistake the beach will become dirty with litter. Two levels to choose from.
- Complete Verb Phrases - Find the complete verb phrases in the sentence.
- Grammar Blast - Read the question, choose the answer you think is correct, then click the "are you right?" button.
- Grammar Gorillas - Identify Parts of Speech - Beginner [nouns and verbs] Advanced [all parts of speech].
- Irregular Verbs - Jeopardy type game for two players.
- Linking Verbs - Identify types of verbs in this online quiz.
- Noun or Verb - Read the sentence and select whether it is a noun or verb.
- Parts of Speech - Noun, verb, preposition, etc. (interactive quizzes)
- Parts of Speech - Identify the part of speech that will complete the sentence.
- Parts of Speech - [Only works on Internet Explorer!] Identify word's part of speech. Part 2 || Part 3
- Parts of Speech Quiz - Select correct part of speech.
- Road to Grammar - A variety of quizzes, practice, games and activities. Choose the grammar topic that you would like to work on and click start to begin.
- To Be - Present and past tense online quiz.
- Practicing past, present and future tenses - [Only works on Internet Explorer]- Tense Activity 1 | Tense Activity 2 | Tense Activity 3
- Verb Phrases - Find the complete verb phrase.
- Verb Power - Students identify underlined words as main verbs, helping verbs or contractions.
- Verb Tenses - Identify correct usage of verbs.
- Verb Viper - Choose correct verb tenses, recognize correct verb forms, and recognize subject/verb agreement. Arcade type game.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.