Conjunctions - CCSS L.6.6
Links verified on 10/20/2015
- Combining Sentences - In the text-area below each group of sentences, combine all of those sentences into one effective sentence containing only one independent clause.
- Combining Sentences with Appositives - Combine the sentences in each numbered item by changing the information in the second sentence to an appositive or an appositive phrase and adding it to the first sentence.
- Conjunctions Quiz I - Click the answer buttons to see the answers.
- Conjunctions Quiz II - Combine the sentences using the conjunction given in parentheses.
- Conjunction-itis Popup - Find the correct conjunction form to combine two short sentences together into one!
- Second Quiz on Combining Sentences - In the text-area below each group of sentences, combine all of those sentences into one effective sentence containing only one independent clause.
- Sentence Structure - Select the correct sentence structure that is underlined in the sentences.
- Sentence Structure - Ten question quiz. Select the correct sentence structure: simple sentence, compound sentence, complex sentence, or a compound-complex sentence.
- Sentence Types - Select the type of sentence [command, question, exclamation, statement] and then edit the sentence.
- Using Commas with Coordinating Conjunctions - Click on "The sentence, please!" and a sentence will appear in the top text-area. Insert the necessary comma or commas (being careful not to insert commas where they aren't necessary).