6th Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Algebra Functions - CCSS 6.NS.B.3
Links verified on 12/24/2015
- Algebraic Reasoning Using Weighing Scales - Find the value of a given object based on information provided on the scales. [Levels 1 and 2 contain two scales. Level 3 is more difficult and has three scales.]
- Algebra vs The Cockroaches - Determine the slope of the line that the cockroaches are crawling along to destroy them.
- Explore Families of Functions - Explore how changing constants affects the graph of the corresponding function.
- Families of Functions - Match the description with the correct arrangement of items on the graph.
- Function Machine - Investigate very simple functions by trying to guess the algebraic form from inputs and outputs.
- Linear Function Machine - Investigate linear functions by trying to guess the slope and intercept from inputs and outputs.
- Multiple-Choice Questions - Twenty questions on Patterns & Functions.
- Mystery Operations - In this activity the computer makes up a mystery operation, and you have to figure out what the operation is. You give the computer two numbers to calculate, and it tells you the answer.
- Number Cruncher - Explore simple linear functions. The function is determined by looking for patterns in the outputs and exactly one output to an input or list of inputs can be called a function.
- Positive Linear Function Machine - Investigate linear functions with positive slopes by trying to guess the slope and intercept from inputs and outputs.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Balancing Equations - Watch the video and respond at various places Lesson 11.
- Whole Number Cruncher - Generates multiplication and addition functions to avoid outputting any negative numbers.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.