2-D and 3-D Shapes - CCSS 7.G.A.2, 7.G.A.3
Links verified on 12/24/2015
- 3-D Object Viewer - Explore a variety of 3-D objects and their accompanying 2-D views.
- Building Houses with Side View - Construct a block figure to match 10 different figures.
- Coloring 3-D Sides - [UK spelling on this site] Find the red sides shown in a series of 2-D drawings and click on the right face of the 3-D model to color it red. (20 questions)
- Coloring 2-D Sides - Use the colored portion of the 3-D object to color the correct side of the 2-D drawing.
- Cube - Find out which colors will be on opposite faces of a cube whose faces are shown unfolded.
- Geometry 3D Shapes - [Don't use your real name] Try a quiz of thirty-nine questions from Annenberg Media.
- Guess the View - Students are given a 3-D view of an object and then given a 2-D view of the object. Students must choose which of 6 views is being displayed from a list.
- Plot Plans and Silhouettes - Your task is to come up with plot plans that would match given silhouettes.
- Quick Images - Stretch both your visualization and drawing muscles with this shape drawing activity.
- Rotating Houses - 3-D figures created with blocks can be rotated and flipped using a mouse. The figure must be rotated until it matches a 2-D representation of one of the views.