- Entry Level Computer Skills - Index - If you are new to computers, this is the place for you to start. Learn the basics of using the Macintosh operating system and navigating the Internet.
- Entry Level Computer Skills (OS X Version) - Index - If you are new to Macintosh OS X, this is the place for you to start. Learn the basics of using the new Macintosh operating system and navigating the Internet.
- Creating New Users in Macintosh OS X
- Getting the most out of your Mac keyboard (General) | Getting the most out of your Mac keyboard - iMac Version - How do you close a window? How do you quit an application? Now a simple one, how do you remove a disk? Now reconsider your responses and answer how to do those things without your mouse. This page lists many useful keyboard combinations. Starting with the image of a keyboard, click on the key you want to know about to learn all of the things mentioned above and much more.
- Try your hand at solving Troubleshooting issues | Problems and Solutions This page was written to supplement a troubleshooting training session designed for MCS teachers designated as school level technology liaison. Several problems are listed (just the way they came in to a technology coordinator) and viewers are asked to propose solutions to the problems. Possible answers are only a click away.
- Formatting a disk - Step-by-step instructions for both Macintosh format and DOS format used by Windows machines.
- Allocating More Memory to an Application - Some applications have been given an amount of RAM memory that is not sufficient. This page gives instructions on how to allocate more memory to an application that is not currently running. Simple Text is used an the example, but this process works with any Macintosh application.
- Teaching Your Macintosh to Right-Click - Most people who use both Macintosh and PC computers report that they miss the right-click feature of the PC. There is no reason to despair. Control-click allows your Mac to right-click. Several examples of screen shots are used to compare how well this feature works on a Mac and a PC. Control-clicking in a Microsoft Office application produces exactly the same results on the two platforms.
- Troubleshooting a Macintosh computer - This is an indexed manual of common needs and problems on the Macintosh platform.
- Free Downloads for Mac Machines
- MPEG Streamclip 1.8 - Convert Mpeg files to different format; edit them with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim; set In/Out points and convert them into muxed or demuxed files, or export them to QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4 files"
- Open Source Mac - Free and open-source software; a nice varitety of applications.
- VODcaster - A Tool for Publishing Audio and Video Podcasts; System Requirements:Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later