UbD - Sample Lesson Plans
- A healthier you - Students will learn the importance of eating healthy and exercising. They will learn the meanings of several health disease and complications and discover how those may affect diet and personal growth. Students will have hands-on experiences to evaluate their personal health choices and also be encouraged to help others live a health lifestyle. Grade 5
- Algebra - Lesson (Variables - Grade 5) - Written by Laura Grimwad, Rockdale County; Students will understand that variables, such as n or x, are used to represent unknown quantities in algebraic expressions, relationships exist between variables and quantities in algebraic expressions, word problems can be solved using variables
- The Hungry Caterpillar - K-4 - Students, through the inquiry process, demonstrate knowledge of characteristics, structures and function of living things, the process and diversity of life, and how living organisms interact with each other and their environment.
- Third grade multiplication - Students will develop and use number sense to investigate the characteristics of numbers in a variety of forms and modes of operation.
- Algebra I - Students will understand what the graph of a quadratic function looks like and can calculate the vertex and zeroes.
- Art / Lang Arts Unit - Language Arts II - How have artists (print, visual, audio, etc) responded to war and other great conflicts in our time? What are the commonalities of artistic expression, spanning media and chronology?
- The Holocaust - High School - Focus on the causes leading to and surrounding the events which led to the Holocaust
- The Scarlet Letter and The Crucible- English 3 AP/G/T - Students will look at the American dream in the context of alienation and self-discovery during the Colonial period.
- Macbeth English 4 created June 2000 - Students will be able to: Interpret stylistic devices. Trace the downfall of Macbeth. Trace the ripple effect of Macbeth's actions. Explain how order is restored.
- The scientific view of how the surface of the Earth formed. - Compare and contrast the Earth's crust, mantle, and core including temperature, density, and composition; Investigate the contribution of minerals to rock composition; Classify rocks by their process of formation. 6th grade
- Grade 6 Science/Measurement - Students will use computation and estimation skills necessary for analyzing data and following scientific explanations
- A Tale of Two Cities - English 4 created 2000 - How does fate play a role in the evolution of the hero? How do power and vengeance influence the choices made? How does the past influence the present?
- The Story of America: - Innovation In History; Explore the growth of the United States industry and the role of innovation in making the United States a World Power. Grade 11