SAT and ACT Test Preparation
Free Online Practice Resources for ACT Tests and SAT Tests! I4C now offers free SAT and ACT vocabulary and math quizzes. Become a free member and log in as much as you'd like. Students can take practice tests on 5000 vocabulary words. or over 1000 math problems. Parents and Mentors can log in to monitor your scores - including seeing which vocabulary words they missed. Interactive quizzes allow the test taker to retake and study as much as they want.
October Blog: Common SAT Errors Students Make(And How to Avoid Them). This month's guest blogger is Miriam Holt. She provides tips and knowledge on how to do well while taking the SATs.
October 2011 Picks
Teacher Resources | Parent Resources | Technology Tips |
October is a really busy month. From National Bullying Prevention to Fire Prevention, Chemistry Week, and Character Education, there is a lot to squeeze into your classroom. We encourage you to take some time to click through our site. You never know what wonderful resources you can find to enrich your classroom experience. Visit our monthly newsletter to see all the details. Below are just a few highlights.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH?
Here are just a couple of the October events that you can celebrate this month.
- National Bullying Prevention Month: Find out how to report bullying. Help students deal with bullies. Get resources on cyber bullying so that you can protect children during their time online.
- Space Week (Oct 4-10): Find Elementary Science resources. Print solar system coloring pages. Play space games with the Planets. You will find a lot of different Science help.
- Columbus Day (Oct 10): Who was Christopher Columbus? Check out our Columbus Day resource page for lesson plans, crafts, and history.
- Chemistry Week (Oct 16-22): Explore our General Chemistry Resources, which include interactive chemistry animations, periodic tables, molecules, elements, and chemistry quizzes and tutorials. We also have an End of course Chemistry section for High School Standards with sites that help students get prepared for Chemistry exams.
- Character Counts Week (Oct 16-22): Find information on anger management. Scroll to the Character Building section to locate Six Pillars of Character lesson plans, along with personal conduct guidelines. Explore our conflict resolution lesson plans.
- Halloween: Find spooky Halloween activities, crafts, and recipes for the whole family.
- I4C has a large section of Online Technology Tutorials. Learn how to use Word 2000 through Word 2010, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Did you know I4C has a lot of Foreign Language Resources? Spanish, German, French, Hebrew, and Chinese to name a few.
- Explore our Elementary Language Arts page with tons of resources. Click for grammar help, reading comprehension worksheets and stories, and reading strategies and resources.
- Get students writing with our comic strip creation tools. Visit the General Language Arts page where we offer bibliographic style lessons and digital storytelling resources.
- Find computer lab lesson plans to use in a lab or classroom setting and get valuable integration help. We also provide links to technology lesson plans for Elementary and Middle School levels.
- Visit Teacher tools for all of your classroom needs.
- Go to our grade level help for lesson plans, activities, instructionals, and tools organized by grade and subject.
- It's National Bullying Prevention Month, and the bullying problem among our children is bigger than ever. Learn the signs your child might show if he/she is being bullied. Get involved in your classroom. Get educated about Cyber Bullying, and learn the websites kids are using to post their harmful words, like Formspring and Tumblr.
- Fire Prevention Week (Oct 9-16): Make sure your kids have an action plan and understand fire safety. Here's a family checklist.
- Chemistry Week (Oct 16-22): Feeling adventurous?? Try these chemistry projects you can do at home.
- Parent Zone - A comprehensive list of everything school related, including homework help, reading help, all subject areas, and educational games.
- Undo - You can Undo something quickly, whether it be you just erased the wrong text, or you pasted something in the wrong place. Click CTRL+Z to undo your last computer activity. More keyboard shortcuts.
- How to Close a Stubborn Window - Have you ever experienced a pop-up ad, or window from a program or game that won't close, even after clicking on the "x"? Try clicking ALT + F4. It will exit out of most programs. More Word Tutorials.
- Don't Forget About Print Preview - Save paper and frustration by remembering to Print Preview your docs before sending them to the printer. Click on File - Print Preview or the Office Icon - Print Preview and view exactly what it will look like. I4C has Office Tutorials here.
We also have other basic instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007.
OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST
- Resources for Educators - In this section you can find classroom resources for Exceptional Children, Smartboards, Character Education, Web 2.0 Resources and other topics.
- Resources for Parents - Parents can find resources
on assisting their children with homework, time management, Internet Safety, subject area resources, grade level resources and more.