SAT and ACT Test Preparation
Free Online Practice Resources for ACT Tests and SAT Tests! I4C now offers free SAT and ACT vocabulary and math quizzes. Become a free member and log in as much as you'd like. Students can take practice tests on 5000 vocabulary words. or over 1000 math problems. Parents and Mentors can log in to monitor your scores - including seeing which vocabulary words they missed. Interactive quizzes allow the test taker to retake and study as much as they want.
March Blog: Is It More Than Just Not Following Directions?- Have you ever asked yourself why a student did an assignment wrong when you know he/she has mastered the information?
March 2012 Picks
Teacher Resources | Parent Resources | Technology Tips |
March brings Women's History, St. Patrick's Day, Money, Music in our Schools, Spring, and Poetry. Visit our monthly newsletter to see all the details. Below are just a few highlights.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH?
Here are just a couple of the March events that you can celebrate this month.
- Music in Our Schools Month - Create your own music, find blank staff paper, count music, learn terms, and fraction bars. Our music resource page is stuffed with online music tools for students. We also have music and dance resources for Pre-K, including songs and poems by subject.
- Dr. Seuss' Birthday 3/2/1904 - Did you know Dr. Seuss' real name was Theodore Seuss Geisel? Learn about other interesting facts in this Dr. Seuss Cloze activity. Explore Seussville to find Dr. Seuss classroom tools. Find Dr. Seuss lesson plans and activities based on individual book themes.
- First U.S. Paper Money Was Issued 3/10/1862 - Visit our All About Money section for money activities by grade level. Browse topics like counting coins, money transactions, working with money and decimals, and consumer math. We also have an Economics section. Teach students about taxes, saving, budgeting, and allowances.
- St. Patrick's Day 3/17 - Did you know there are an estimated 10,000 three-leaf clovers for every lucky four-leaf clover! Learn other St. Patrick's Day facts and check out all the St. Patrick's day activities you can do with students.
- Children's Poetry Day 3/21 - I4C offers Kindergarten Language Arts online rhyming games. Explore an overview of poetry and poetic devices in our Literary Genres. Take a virtual poetry field trip, browse poetry collections, and find 30 different poetry lessons.
- Celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday on March 2nd with these Elementary-level lesson plans and Dr. Seuss themed activities. Here's a 2nd grade shared reading unit on Dr. Seuss.
- Sharpen money skills with these online coin counting lessons. We have a ton of interactive money lessons and math games for every grade in our Skillbuilders section. Practice making change and comparing decimal amounts.
- The dreaded fractions! Get online fraction lessons, assessment prep, and fraction worksheets here. We also have interactive fraction games online separated by grade.
- Name that tune! Celebrate Music In Our Schools Month with I4C's music lessons and resources ranging from music sheets and instruments to percussions and opera.
- Visit Teacher tools for all of your classroom needs.
- Go to our grade level help for lesson plans, activities, instructionals, and tools organized by grade and subject.
- How much do your children know about money, savings, and budgeting? Do they get an allowance yet? I4C's money page has tools for teaching kids how to spend wisely.
- Explore our Pre-K crafts and Kindergarten crafts pages to find projects you can do on rainy days. We also have a Just for Fun section with more online activities and printables.
- Do you need Elementary Math help? We have everything from general math resources to online math practice games.
- Are you having trouble getting your child to practice their piano or music assignments at home? Check out our music education and resources page. There is a printable keyboard, a few different links to music sheets, instrument information and so much more.
- Parent Zone - A comprehensive list of everything school related, including homework help, reading help, all subject areas, and educational games.
- SUM in Excel - There is a quick way to SUM rows in a column. Hit ALT and = in the cell just below your last number. It automatically adds the column. You can click and scroll to select individual rows too. Other tutorials.
- Opening Hyperlinks - There's a quicker way to open a website link within a Word document or email than just copying and pasting the URL in a different browser window. Hover your mouse over the web address and hit CTRL then Click. Here are more Word tutorials and shortcuts.
- Opening Programs Straight From Your Desktop - Can't find the Word or Excel icon? If you right click on your desktop, and select "NEW," you will get a domain box of options like opening a new Word or Excel document. More tech help.
We also have other basic instruction in Microsoft Office, including Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007.
OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST
- Resources for Educators - In this section you can find classroom resources for Exceptional Children, Smartboards, Character Education, Web 2.0 Resources and other topics.
- Resources for Parents - Parents can find resources
on assisting their children with homework, time management, Internet Safety, subject area resources, grade level resources and more.