Human Anatomy and Physiology
Reproduction, Growth, and Development
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print
Science Curriculum Standards
3251 - Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Female Reproductive System - Interactive diagram. Roll mouse over the various parts to read about their function.
- Female Reproductive System Lesson Plan - Includes materials and several activities to do with the class.
- Functions of the Female Reproductive System - From WebMD.
- Functions of the Male Reproductive System - From WebMD.
- Male and Female Reproduction - Describes and defines the parts of the female and male reproductive system. Includes an Introduction Quiz, Female Reproductive Quiz, Male Reproductive Quiz and Conception/Gestation/Birth Quiz.
- Male and Female Reproductive Systems - Describes what each system consists of as well as the function of each part.
- Male Reproductive System - The structures, organs and functions.
- Male Reproductive System Games - Test your knowledge of the various components and functions of the male reproductive system with a variety of games.
- Male Reproductive System Lesson Plan - Includes materials and several activities to do with the class.
- PowerPoint Presentations: Reproductive Systems - A variety of PowerPoint slides on human reproduction including male and female reproductive systems.
- Reproductive System: Organs and Their Functions - Variety of teacher lesson plans and class activities.
- Reproductive System Practice Exam - A 50 problem practice exam that should be done in 25 minutes. Self checking.
- Reproductive System Quiz - Multiple choice quiz on the Reproductive System chapter. Self checking.
- Reproductive Systems: Teacher Activities - Variety of activities including worksheets,
- Structure and Function of Female Reproductive System - PowerPoint slide with detailed pictures and diagrams.
- Female Secondary Sex Characteristics - All about female sex hormones.
- Female Sex Hormones - Description of 3 hormones both males and females produce and the characteristics they produce.
- Hormonal Control of Reproduction - Audio visual explaining the hormones that control the primary and secondary sex characteristics.
- Hormones and Their Roles - Defines the major hormones and their characteristics.
- How Do Hormones Work? - From PBS.
- Male Secondary Sex Characteristics - All about male sex hormones.
- Secondary Sex Characteristic - From Wikipedia.
- Secondary Sexual Characteristics - The changes that occur due to hormonal stimulation.
- Sex Hormones - Estrogen and testosterone hormones and the roles they play in sex characteristics.
- Comparative Outline - Describes oogenesis and spermatogenesis via a visual outline.
- Comparison of Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis - A tubular comparison of both.
- Menstruation and Spermatogenesis - Lesson plan providing an overview of male and female reproductive systems.
- Process of Oogenesis - Biology lesson on oogenesis: the processes and hormonal control.
- Spermatogenesis - The stages and courses of spermatogenesis. Includes quizzes that are self checking.
- Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis - Animations and tutorials comparing and contrasting male and female formations.
- Spermatogenesis vs. Oogenesis - The similarities and differences in sperm and ovum formation.
- Class Activity: Journey of the Sperm - Group activity that can be done in the classroom to teach about the pathway of the sperm.
- Interactive Quiz: Male Reproductive System - Student Anatomy TV provides a visual quiz on the male reproductive system. Self checking.
- Journey of the Male Sperm - Interactive animation from MedIndia explaining the journey of the sperm to testes to the outside world.
- Male Reproductive System - Describes the entire process, including the path that sperm travels.
- Pathway of Sperm - Interactive video describing the path that sperm takes from the testes to the exterior of the body.
- Sperm Release Pathway - Animated video outlining the pathway.
- Sperm Pathway - From WikiBooks.
- All About Menstruation - Explains puberty, periods and the overall female reproductive system.
- Female Reproduction and Menstruation - 3 interactive games. Answer the questions correctly to score points with each game.
- Female Reproductive System - Explains what happens during the menstrual cycle.
- Menstrual Cycle - Click play to hear the explanation of the menstrual cycle. Interactive diagram.
- Normal Menstrual Cycle - Activities to assist in teaching and learning the events of the menstrual cycle. Includes a matching game and a quiz-like activity using the animated diagram.
- Phases of Menstruation - From Wikipedia.
- Reproductive Cycle Phases - Describes the four phases of the cycle.
- Teaching the Reproductive System - A lesson plan for teaching the female reproductive system and menstrual cycle.
- The Menstrual Cycle - Great resource with visuals and a quiz at the end of each module that is self checking.
- Endocrine System - Explains how the endocrine system is involved in the hormonal control of puberty.
- Hormonal Regulation - The ovarian cycle and the hormones involved.
- Hormones and Their Effects - Great resource with an interactive chart of the monthly variation of hormone levels and a quiz at the end of each module that is self checking.
- Hormones Regulate the Reproductive System - An online textbook describing the regulation of hormones in the menstrual cycle and also in the testes for males.
- What are Hormones? - Defines the most important hormones regulated.
- What are the Menstrual Cycle Hormones? - Hormones that regulate the female menstrual cycle.
- 9 Months of Development - From Parents Magazine. Visual representation of what occurs month to month.
- Fertilization and Birth - Watch the movie and then see the stages of development in pictures. Includes a quiz too. .
- From Conception to Birth - TheVisualMD.com visual representation of the human development process. Great video to help demonstrate what exactly occurs during a particular week or month of pregnancy.
- Human Fetal Development - Slides from Slideshare.com from conception to birth.
- Teaching the Reproductive System - Objective is for students to identify the basic components of the human reproductive system, and describe the basic functions of the various components; e.g., fertilization, conception.
- Week by Week Calendar - Pregnancy calendar that lets you click on a week a particular week to see what stage the developmental process is in.
- When Does Life Begin? - Information on when human life begins, milestones in the life of the unborn child, and resources for learning more about life in the womb.
- All About the Placenta - Details of the placenta as well as the problems and traditions of the placenta.
- Development of the Placenta - Information all about the placenta, including colored and detailed slides with explanations.
- Functions and Roles of Placenta - Describes the whats and hows of the placenta.
- Importance and Functions of Placenta - From Scienceray.
- Placenta - From encyclopedia.com.
- Placenta Development - PowerPoint from St. Luke's Teaching Hospital.
- Placenta Information - From Wikipedia.
- Structure and Function of Placenta - You Tube video describing in detail the placenta.
\Research and describe methods of controlling human fertility, and describe their relative effectiveness.
- Birth Control - From Planned Parenthood. Assortment of birth control methods discussed.
- Birth Control Methods - From WebMD. Learn about the different methods of birth control.
- Control of Human Fertility - Description of options for controlling the human population.
- Controlling Fertility - Various methods of controlling fertility by controlling hormones.
- Human Population Control - From Wikipedia.
- Prevention of Pregnancy - Methods of birth control and the other related considerations for preventing fertility.