Demonstrate confidence and competence in using the Tennessee Writing Assessment rubric while evaluating one's own writing and the writing of others. 0501.3.21
Links verified on 1/26/2012
- Evaluation Station - Evaluate a story that you have written.
- Grade 5: Sample Prompts and Anchor Papers - from Dept of Education of TN
- Peer Editing Form - check list with room for notes on how to make improvements
- A Rough Hierarchy for Revision and Editing - Effective revising starts with the most general characteristics of an essay and gradually moves to more specific characteristics.
- Scoring Process Rubric - from the Dept of Education of TN.
- Self evaluation help - Questions to ask oneself when evaluating your own paper.
- TCAP Writing: Grade 5 Scoring Guide - posted by Jefferson County Schools
- Tips on Creating a Productive Peer Response Experience for Students - how students should evaluate other's papers
- Writing Assessment Scoring Information - from the TN Dept of Ed
- Writing to Persuade Rubric - Perhaps your students can understand writing to persuade better by seeing this rubric.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print