7th Grade - Graphic Organizer
Complete a graphic organizer (e.g., clustering, listing, mapping, webbing) with information from notes for a writing selection. SPI 0701.3.12
Links verified on 2/15/2016
Trading Cards - This tool provides a fun and useful way to explore a
character in a book or as a prewriting exercise when creating characters
for original stories. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
Circle Plot Diagram - The tool can be used as a pre-writing graphic
organizer for students writing original stories with a circular plot structure
(e.g., If You Take a Mouse to School), as well as a post-reading organizer
used to explore the text structures in a book. Student Interactive from
- Cool Tools for Schools - large list of links to graphic organizers
- Digital Toolbox - graphic organizer links for science and math
World Templates - seventeen graphic organizers to download and print
Essay Map - The Essay Map is an interactive graphic organizer that enables
students to organize and outline their ideas for an informational, definitional,
or descriptive essay. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
Organizer Links - links to a large number of graphic organizers provided
by Vermilion Parish School Board in Abbeville, LA - Second
page of links from the same school system
- Graphic Organizer Software - create KWL charts, story boards and other graphic organizers
Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your
class using a given story.
- Graphic Organizer Templates from ThinkPort - index of organizers with links to download one of three formats; html, pdf, and MS Word
Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers - index of links prepared by Humble TX ISD
Organizers from Education Place - 38 graphic organizers to print, all
in pdf format
Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are
available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of
it. Once you've downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
Graphic Chart - worksheet - Fill in the supporting sentences that best
fits the main idea.
of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Interactive Graphic Organizers - index of Read Write Think graphic organizers compiled by Tangipahoa Parish School System in Louisiana
- Interactive Graphic Organizers for Kids - descriptions of organizers from various sites with links to the site
on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
an Outline - interactive outline maker
- information on how to map out an outline.
Chart - Fill out this chart as a whole class activity brainstorming
session to learn to recognize problems and solutions in stories. This uses
cause and effect, but can be adapted.
Story Map - The Story Map interactive is designed to assist students
in pre-writing and post-reading activities by focusing on the key elements
of character, setting, conflict, and resolution. Student Interactive from
about Conflict in Literature - Lesson Plan - uses graphic organizer
to plot out stories.
- Technology4Kids - graphic organizers
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps Enter a structured
list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make
a mind map out of them that you can print.
Graphic Organizers - Youthlearn [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Venn Diagram, 2 Circles - This interactive tool allows students to create
Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize
their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.